Published June 20, 2017
"The Father Almighty"
Recently, we've started to recite the traditional Apostles' Creed each Sunday at church. It provides a good and concise reminder as we review the basic principles of our faith.
The first paragraph of the Creed says, "I believe in God, the Father Almighty, the Creator of Heaven and Earth."
I had to think about the Father Almighty in light of our recent celebration of Father's Day.
- Some of you grew up with a father who was abusive.
- Some with a father who was absent.
- Some with a father who was negative. Your father never had a positive thing to say to you or about you.
On the other hand...
- Some grew up with a good father not a perfect father, but a good father.
- Some with a father who loved and protected you.
Let me assure you that God, the Father Almighty, is a good father.
- He loves you. He knows you totally and, despite that, He loves you.
- He made you, so He understands you.
- He is always there for you.
- He sent Jesus to be our human example and sent the Holy Spirit to be our guide and friend.
This "Almighty Father" loves you more than you could possibly love yourself. Think of the best father you could imagine. God, the Father Almighty, far exceeds what you can imagine or think.
The term "father" is not just a "something." "Father" signifies a personal relationship. God wants a personal relationship with you. Do you want a personal relationship with Him?
Comments on this? firstname.lastname@example.org.
To share this column with your Facebook friends, click on the logo or "share" link below.
Copyright 2017 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.