Published March 21, 2017
Life is all about choices.
There are the big choices such as a lifetime partner and your career. Deciding to have children. Choosing a church.
There are also smaller decisions. What are we having for lunch? Do you want to go to the ballgame? Are we going to exercise today or just nap?
There are decisions that have few consequences. Do I want the grape or peach jelly? Do I buy the red blouse or the green one?
Sometimes we act like the squirrels we see on the roads in our neighborhood. They run one way, then the other, darting back and forth. And finally we see them lying in the middle of the street. They decided too late.
Spiritually, we also make choices. Some are basic. Do I believe in God or not? Am I willing to accept His great gift of salvation?
Joshua 24:15 reads, "And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the river, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
There are daily choices to be made. Sometimes we make those choices without thought. Sometimes we need to make daily living choices and think about what we are deciding and doing.
- I choose to trust in spite of the circumstances.
- I choose to do the right thing without regard to what others are doing.
- I choose to forgive when I am wronged.
- I choose to ask forgiveness when I am at fault.
- I choose to read the Bible daily, so I can know God's direction for me.
- I choose to pray to the One True God.
- I choose to praise God, even when I don't feel like praising.
- I choose to see others through God's eyes, not through my prejudices.
- I choose God through every day of my life.
What do you choose?
Comments on this? firstname.lastname@example.org.
To share this column with your Facebook friends, click on the logo or "share" link below.
Copyright 2017 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.