Published March 24, 2015
"Coffee Break" is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell. You may sign up for her email devotional at www.mastersbusiness.org. If you are in a tough spot, let Lorraine's devotional encourage you.
"God Has A Plan"
by Lorraine Ezell
"Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life" (Genesis 45:5).
Are you going through a situation this morning that you can't figure out? Are you wondering how you are going to make it? Are you fearful of the outcome? Do things look hopeless? Are you wondering how you are going to get out of it? Be encouraged this morning. You may not understand it, you may not have it under control, you may not be able to figure it all out, but you don't have to God has a plan.
When the Israelites were hemmed in between the Red Sea and Pharaoh's army, they didn't know what they were going to do but God had a plan. He planned to open up the sea, bring them to safety and destroy their enemy at the same time.
- When Daniel was thrown into the lion's den, he didn't know what the outcome was going to be, but God had a plan. He planned to shut the lions' mouths and protect him.
- When the three Hebrews were thrown into the fiery furnace, God had a plan. He planned to be with them in the fire and keep the flame from kindling upon them.
- When Paul was cast into prison, God still had a plan a plan to give Paul revelation and insight about Himself to share with us through His written word.
- When Joseph was betrayed by his brothers, God had a plan. His plan was to save the nation of Israel.
- When mankind fell in the Garden of Eden and brought sin and death into the world, God had a plan. His plan was to send a Savior His own Son.
Whatever you may be going through this morning don't worry, don't fret, don't be anxious or fearful because while you may not understand it all or see anything good God has a plan. His plan may be to reveal who He is to you in a greater way than ever before. It may be to work out His likeness in you. His plan may be to use what you are going through as a testimony to someone else. Who knows what His plan may be? His ways are not our ways and neither are His thoughts our thoughts. But know this things don't just happen, our trials are not in vain and when they come, God has a plan. And His plan is to "work all things together for your good."
When you don't understand it, when you can't figure it out, when you don't know what you are going to do, just remember God has a plan. So don't worry.
Comments on this? email@example.com.
Copyright 2015 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.