Published December 19, 2017
"The One Who..."
As I was putting together our special Christmas edition of The Gospel Greats program (which airs this coming weekend), I noticed there were some common themes running through many of the songs and artist comments. As part of the program...
- ...we hear a lot about the hope that Jesus brings. (Peter says Jesus provides us with a "living hope" 1 Peter 1:3)
- ...we hear about how He came as the Light of the world. (Jesus said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life" - John 8:12.)
- ...we hear about the joy that the Lord's coming provides to those who believe. (The angels told the startled shepherds that the Lord's coming would "cause great joy for all people" (Luke 2:10).
But all of this and the Christmas holiday itself means nothing if you don't know Christ. Who is He? He's...
- The One who came to the world He had created to "seek and to save sinners" such as you and me (Luke 19:9).
- The One who came to show us, in person, God (John 14:7).
- The One who taught us how to live (see, for example, James 4).
- The One who came to die for our sins (Romans 5:8, 1 Cor. 15:3).
- The One who rose from the dead (Romans 1:4, Matt. 28:7, Acts 3:15, 13:30 and others).
- The One who has gone on to prepare a place for us in heaven (John 14:2).
- The One who has promised to come again to take us to be with Him (John 14:30).
- The One who loves us so much... that He would do all of this (John 3:16).
Do you know Him? Do you know the Christ of Christmas?
If not, this would be a great time to get to know Him. He is, after all, the greatest Christmas gift ever!
- Paul Heil
Comments on this? email@example.com
To share this column with your Facebook friends, click on the logo or "share" link below.
Copyright 2017 Heil Enterprises. All rights reserved.
Return to the Archives Index page for more recent columns.